Thursday 5 May 2011

I See It By: Shaylen Lawson

This Poem is dedicated to my cousin Sierra.




















I see it as it's wings first spread,
I see it's tiny little head,
I see it when it works it's wings,
I see it fly around in rings ,
I see it flutter through the air,
I see it move around with care,
I see it as a big strong fighter,
I see it make the wind much lighter,
I see its colours oh so bright,
I see it shine in the morning light,
I see it as it moves out of the way,
I see it rest it's wings and lay,
I see it when it starts to move,
I see it rest on a grove,
I see it stretch its legs out far,
I see it take off like a shoting star,
I see it go off into the world,
I see it when it's wings are fully uncurled
I see it and it is my favourite thing,
I see it when it goes off with a spring,
I see it when it needs to be with me,
I see it when it is as buzzy as a bee,
I see it every single day,
I see it always comes my way
I see it and it makes me want to scream,
I see it land upon a wonderful dream, 
I see it because I know your there,
I see it because you know that I care.

The thing that I'm seeing is a Butterfly and Sierra is my butterfly in this poem, don't get confused and think that my cousin has wings  :)

1 comment:

  1. Shaylen this poem is so pretty. I never knew tha you could write so well!

    ReplyDelete