Wednesday 4 May 2011

Jabberwocky - S.L.

The reason why this picture reminds me of the poem Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll, is because when the poem says,

"So he took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought-
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought."

to me, that means that the man (with his sword) was at the Tumtum tree waiting for his enemy (the
Jabberwock) and while he was waiting he was thinking. Perhaps about how to kill his enemy the Jabberwock. I think that the man was waiting by the Tumtum tree because he knew that the Jabberwock would soon be there because maybe it was his home.

When I pictured the Jabberwock, I pictured a scary dragon-like creature with long claws and sharp teeth because the poem says

"Beware the Jabberwock my son!
The Jaws that bite, the claw that catch!"

so if the Jabberwock is scary, wouldn't it make sense if his home was to? I th that the Jabberwock lived in the Tumtum tree because the man was waiting their. 

No comments:

Post a Comment