Wednesday 11 May 2011

Pretending - Hannah

I stand there, pretending
Pretending like I'm happy.
Pretending to be somebody I'm not.
Pretending I'm fine.
But when I get home I can't pretend anymore.
The dishes are piled in the sink.
The windows are cracked.
The fridge is open and its empty, except for  half empty milk carton.
Moms not home.
I'm alone.
I can't bring myself to call a friend over, or else they would know who I really am.
I walk to my pull-out couch bed in our tiny living room, and cry myself to sleep.
I wake up, moms still not there.
I comb out my hair and brush my teeth,
and get ready for another day of pretending.

This poem is based on the song "pictures on a crooked wall" by Tenille.

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job of turning the song into a poem. Keep up the great effort!
    Mrs. O'Hara

    ReplyDelete