Saturday 7 May 2011

Mothers! - M.F.S.














This is a mothers day poem to my mother as without her I would not be able to write this poem to her.

You have the vibrancy of suns exploding when their life is done.
You have the energy of a plant reaching up to the sun, always thirsting for knowledge just like you.
You shout colour and efficiency and love with your style sense that seems to always mesh.
Oh what would we do without mothers?
Oh what would we do without the teasing that is never ending?
How would we bear the of life without her carefree sense of humour that has no cap to stop flowing?

The world would lose its luster if she wasn't there at the end of the day to smile and appreciate marvelous deeds we do from day to day,
The dragons we fight, the Jabberwockies we slay,
The shoes we tie, the friendships we make,
Without mothers I don't know how we'd survive,
As their the ones to laugh and see the silver lining in every single cloud.

With their untapped knowledge that surpasses even Einstein's,
And their excellent source of medicine that is often just a kiss.
Although they are sometimes weird and wacky,
So much so that even the cats are laughing.
They most be so important to us to name a day after them but I wouldn't,
I would give them 2!
As both males and females were made in God's image females definitely got the better deal if you are anyone to go by.

I know this sounds like I'm sucking up but I'm not, I have not done wrong recently your most ancient one!!
oh whoops that title belongs to dad!
I hope you love your mothers day as much as I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment